People & Permaculture transforms the context of permaculture making it relevant to everyone.
- Part 1 –Thinking Like an ECOsystem: a detailed introduction to permaculture design and principles as applied to people.
- Part 2 – Looking Deep into the Centre: the tools and techniques we can use in our own lives; how we can transform our internal landscape, enhance our well-being and be at our best.
- Part 3 – Healing Each Other: ways of creating harmony in our relationships and groups, through our communication and decision making.
- Part 4 – Living in Society: a wider vision for our social systems, in particular health and education.
- Part 5 – Feeling Connected Globally: how to expand our feelings of connection across the globe.
- Part 6 – Sensing Our Futures: how we can manifest a positive future with the use of a new design framework specifically created for people-based designs.
Including over 50 practical activities, People & Permaculture empowers readers with tried and tested tools to initiate positive change in their lives. It is a hands-on yet powerful guide to creating a sustainable world.
“Many of us have long hankered for the insights and principles of permaculture to be translated to serve all aspects of our lives. Looby Macnamara fills the bill with luminous clarity, lean eloquence and an exquisite knowledge of systems. Equally rewarding are her applications of permaculture to health, communication and the life of the mind.” – Joanna Macy, Author
“Grounded, practical and brimming with joy for the good stuff. What I like most about this book, is that we are not banished from nature, but centred in it.” – Alys Fowler, gardener, writer and presenter
“A significant contribution in the on-going evolution of permaculture as a concept and a movement creating a better world.” – David Holmgren
Second edition published 2019
Paperback, 304 pages, b&w. 140 line drawings and diagrams.
Illustrations by Rebecca Storch.