When you purchase a product the money you spend endorses a company and its activities whether you are aware of it or not.
The new look, completely revised Ethical Shopping pocket guide helps to transform the way you shop by matching your purchasing habits with your social and environmental values.
What’s new in this edition:
- New colour-coded ratings system
- New features on clothing, electronics and retail
- Information snapshots – Shopping tips, Blights of Industry, Labelling
- ‘Be an Ethical Shopper’ 12 step action calendar centre spread
- Rating overview showing the areas a company has received praise or criticism in
More ethically preferable companies are distinguished based on a simple screening process using existing assessment information.
The overall rating for each company incorporates the rating for each company up the ownership tree, including parent companies. Assessment covers the areas of environmental and social impact, treatment of animals and accountable business practice.
Also available as an App from iTunes.
Size: A6 – 148 x 105 mm. 76 pages.
Produced by the Ethical Consumer Group, an Australian based, community, not-for-profit organisation and network, set up to help facilitate more sustainable purchasing practices for the everyday consumer.
ECG’s goal is to educate and empower people to make shopping choices that better reflect their values and to use their consumer power to create a better world.